Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Baaaack

Greetings folks. Sorry I've been gone for longer than expected. As I mentioned I was off getting ready for what is one of my favorite holidays - Halloween. We threw a Halloween party last Saturday night that was a lot of fun but also took a lot of work. My wife and I pretty much agree that once every three years or so seems about right.

I promised pictures of the decorations so without further ado, here they are.


Welcome to the Cemetery






Taking it's place of honor beside the Guillotine and the Pendulum, this year's newest addition inside, the Electric Chair:



Sorry for the poor quality of the video but you'll get the gist.




Do-it-yourself Autopsy

Leftovers



I was working on last minute things right up until the end. The party was supposed to start at 7:00 and I didn't head to the shower until about 7:15. Needless to say I neglected to put together a costume. My daughters helped me out and took care of it for me. Here I am wearing their handiwork.

I Got a Rock.



Yours truly after the heavy lifting was done and the party was underway.


Yep. Every three years or so. Sounds about right.

I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas.


12 comments:

Tequila Mockingbird said...

hmm, those decorations are nice and all, but where is your picture of a slutty pirate?

Mike said...

My hat's off to you. I just can't bring myself to do any extra work around the house--like decorating for any holiday. Hell, just putting up a Christmas tree is a major effort around here.

Bruce said...

Alas, we seemed to have been short one slutty pirate. I ordered one from Minnesota but she already was booked for another party. I'll have to plan further ahead next time.

Bruce said...

Mike, we were in transition from Florida for literally over two years so we didn't have a house or access to our decorations. Everyone had been hearing of our Halloween efforts so we had no excuse, the pressure was on and we had to come through. Like I said, about once every three years.
My next door neighbor suggested leaving everything up on the lawn and just stringing Christmas lights on it. Maybe elf hats on the zombies?

Anonymous said...

Cool as hell! You did a great job!

The ghoul in the last picture has to be the sexiest one I have ever seen! What a tasty treat indeed!

Bruce said...

Aw, shucks. I don't know if he's sexy but he sure as hell looks scary. Thanks.

Moooooog35 said...

I've always wondered who the freaks are that go WAY overboard on Halloween decorations (and where do they store this shit?)

Now I know.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bruce said...

Moooooog, uh, yeah. That would be me. As far as where I store it, well...the stuff I had up until this year was okay. We had that covered. The new stuff that I just made? Not a clue. Guess I'll figure that out this weekend.

Forrest Proper said...

Great decorating job!

Bruce, a work in progress said...

Thanks Col. Halloween was a big hit. The new neighborhood is great. LOTS of kids out and about and lots of folks that appreciated the decorations.

Crashdummie said...

Aaaaah!

See this is the reason why I wont be able to come to the US over halloween - it lookz like a shasher movie!

Seriously, I'm totally freaking out here...

Crashdummie said...

Aaaaah!

See this is the reason why I wont be able to come to the US over halloween - it lookz like a shasher movie!

Seriously, I'm totally freaking out here...